Sunday, March 25, 2007

Seduction Of The Innocent

Or hot chicks in black leather? You decide.


Ever since this picture was released in DC's June Solicitations, the internet has been ravished by annoying fanboys speaking their mind about the above cover for Countdown #47, DC's new weekly series starting where 52 left off.

Essentially there are a lot of people that seem upset at what DC is doing to the "beloved" Mary Marvel. Just look at her, isn't she cute?


Personally, I don't have a problem with any changes DC is willing to make. First of all, I don't think I've ever read a comic with Mary Marvel in it, and if it wasn't for the lightning bolt across her chest, I wouldn't even know who she was. Second, isn't it about time this "classic" character undergoes some type of change to make her a more interesting character? I say if bondage gear and electro-stimulation to the boobies are what it takes, then make mine DC.

Anyway, if the fans are worried that this sluttified Mary Marvel could be a bad influence on young girls, just look at the cover for the upcoming Justice League of America #10


and the cover for Superman/Batman #13, which was released a while back.


Thanks to Michael Turner, I think we have two slightly bigger problems than girls in black leather, 'cause I'm fairly certain real women don't look like that.

No comments: