Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hulk's Hit List

Those of you that keep your ears to the ground for new comic book news (like me, for example) may know about a little upcoming event known as World War Hulk.


I don't know about you, but that's some scary shit. Seriously, if that happened, I'd crap my pants.

But I'm not here to talk about what's in my pants. No, today I' talking about Hulk's Hit List.


Sure, this is probably nothing more than a spiffy marketing tool that Marvel is using to draw in outside readers, and I can accept this. My problem is the idea that this image is conveying: that the Hulk is a straight up killer.

I know it's foolish to think that the Hulk has never killed anyone, but I don't think it's foolish to think that he's never killed someone intentionally, especially when dealing with civilians. The key to the Hulk's strength is his rage. The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets. So if the military won't get of his back, or some clandestine group like the Illuminati ships his ass of to some God-forsaken planet, he's gonna be plenty pissed. I get this.

But correct my if I'm wrong: isn't the Hulk supposed to be a hero, albeit a misunderstood one? I understand that Hulk is coming to earth with the intent to make everyone pay, but only two people involved with the "Planet Hulk" situation are on that list. What the hell is Spider-Man and the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing doing on that list?

I obviously don't know hw this is going to turn out, but at this point, the idea of the Hulk having a hit list doesn't sit well with me. End transmission.

No comments: