Tuesday, January 02, 2007

God I Love India

In the past couple months, I've been introduced to "Golimar" (Indian Thriller to you and me) and this Indian Midget, who, according to my expert opinion, must have pimpness shooting out of his asshole. Thanks to the internet and my love of it's use, I stumbled upon this little gem.



That's right, Indian Superman.

Honestly, I don't even know what to say. I guess you can say it starts out normally,. Superman is flying through the city with a girl in his arms, nothing strange about that. When we think of Superman, we all have images of Christopher Reeve flying through Metropolis with Margot Kidder.



At least that's how I remember it. Ok, whatever, back to Indian Superman. So he's flying through the city with some girl. Problem is, instead of wearing a business suit or Clark Kent's shirt ala Superman II, Indian Lois Lane is sporting a Spider-Man costume. WHY THE HELL IS SHE WEARING A SPIDER-MAN COSTUME!!! Honestly, it doesn't even make sense. My geek side is screaming 1) Spider-Man is not a girl, and 2) they aren't even from the same universe. Superman is DC, Spider-Man is Marvel, end of story. Obviously, I think the latter is more important than the former (if Indian Superman is gay, that's his business, not mine).

I guess that's the only thing that really grinds my gears. I could talk about their dance* that takes place in the middle of the sky, but the video was filmed in India, everyone dances in India. Seriously, dancing in a Bollywood movie is like a rite of passage in their culture.

I would like to give them some props though. They used a pretty slick movie-making technique (at least for the 1980s) to avoid thick black lines appearing around the actors when in front of a green screen. It worked Empire**, so I guess they thought it could work here. Too bad they thought wrong. I'm pretty sure Superman isn't wearing magical underoos, allowing to the viewers to get a crotch-eye view of Metropolis.

Oh well, enjoy the video, it's actually so bad it's good.


*Check out the 1 minute mark if you want to see some sick moves.
** For those of you that don't know, George Lucas lowered to opacity of some of the shots in The Empire Strikes Back to make it less apparent that he was filming in front of a green screen, resulting in at least one see-thru snow speeder cockpit

No comments: