Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm Gonna *insert noun* Your Ass

Even though today's discussion in Professor's Smith class was pretty interesting, I still had time to think about something rather pointless... is it right for someone to use a noun as the main verb in a sentence? Now you may be thinking, "but Vincent, I always use nouns as a verb." And I know this is true. I too enjoy using sentences such as "I'm about to karate your ass," but is it okay to say something along the lines of "I'm gonna holocaust your ass"? Is the plight of the Jewish people enough to stop me from saying something that does indeed sound wicked bad? Is it even okay to make light of any horrific event as long as I wasn't directly affected? And if you are okay with this, would you change your mind if I said "I'm about to 9/11 your ass"? The three people I asked today seem to think it's wrong. Me, I'm not too sure. Any thoughts?

No comments: